Thursday 24 August 2006

HOME THOUGHTS FROM ABROAD (1)

Even in the blissful surroundings of Emporios, thoughts very occasionally turn to home...

So, you'll forgive me if - every now and again - I blog one or two visual memories that come to mind...

Sitting in the sea at 7.00 a.m. this morning, watching the little blue and white boats bobbing in the harbour, I was reminded me of a piece of decorative nonsense which hangs in our bathroom...

We bought it in an arty-crafty shop in The Maltings at Snape in Suffolk and if you tap the fishy pendulum, it swings back and forth a few times causing the boat to rock on the wiry waves.

Our friend Jean gave it a quizzical look when it first went up and asked, pointedly, where it had come from.

We told her: "The Maltings - at Snape..."

"Ah, yes!" she said knowingly, "I should have known! It reeks of Snape!"

And I suppose it does, really...

1 comment:

Brian Sibley said...

Oh... you DON'T? How strange!

Maybe I'm bit eccentric, but I never go anywhere without an album of iPhotos showing the complete contents of my home. But then I never could travel light...