Monday 13 October 2008

COFFEE OR TEA?

While in Brighton on our recent anniversary jaunt, we repeatedly sought refuge from the wind and the rain in our favourite coffee shop, Redroaster, where we consumed probably rather too many cappuccinos than were good for us...

But, look! How could anyone resist?


Of course, most of the time (i.e. when I'm not in Brighton) I'm more a tea than a coffee man, except that I think I'd soon go off my English Breakfast if I had to use this depressing teapot spotted in the Brighton museum...


Tea and sympathy? I don't think so... Just drink up and die!

Images: Brian Sibley © 2008

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, maybe there is a cream pitcher that says "Our birth is nothing but our death begun".

Anonymous said...

Love the teapot - was that the one used on opening night of "Arsenic & Old Lace"?

Anonymous said...

Sorry - just realised I left an anonymous comment - again!

Boll Weavil said...

Fear not ! So as not to put a dampner on your afternoon break, I can cheer you up with the remainder of a verse in a song using that line that was popularised by soldiers in the trenches during the Great War.
"The bells of hell go ting a long a ling
For you but not for me
And the little devils how they sing a ling a ling
For you but not for me
O death where is thy sting a ling a ling
O grave thy victory
The bells of hell go ting a ling a ling
For you but not for me"

Hope that makes you feel happier !

Brian Sibley said...

CARLAREY - If there isn't, then there should be!

ANONYMOUS (SUZANNE)- You're right, the perfect prop for Aunts Abby and Martha's tea-table!

BOLL - Ah, those were the days! When the British Tommy could sing a song quoting the King James Bible (I Corinthians 15:55) and probably knew where the quote came from!

SharonM said...

That pot is enough to make you feel tea rful.

Boris Hiestand said...

I just poured myself a cup of extra strong freshly roasted coffee, and then I see this! Coffee makes my heart palpitate and so I tempt death to come for me, the taste is too good.

Brian Sibley said...

When you start hallucinating, BORIS you've definitely had enough!