Saturday 3 July 2010

SUN A-RISE!

So as not to have to actually blog while away on holiday for a couple of weeks on the Greek island of Kalymnos (every hour on the beach or in the sea is part of a treasure not to be squandered), I've chosen a series of pictures - from last year's holiday - to keep you checking up on me until I get back and find some new nonsense to blog about! Well, that's the plan, anyway!

To start with here is a dramatic sunrise over the village of Emporios...

Sunrise

I won't say it's always that dramatic because, most of the time, there isn't a cloud in the sky -- at least, there better not be!

And in case you are expressing some surprise that I would be up to see - let alone photograph the sunrise - well, I can tell you that I invariable am and, what is more, quite often watch the sun rise while taking an early morning dip! So there!

Anyway, wherever you're reading this, I hope the day dawns - and stays - bright for you!

Image: Brian Sibley © 2009 and uploaded via my flickr Photostream.

1 comment:

. said...

Have a wonderful time, I'm very jealous!