Saturday 23 April 2011

EGGSCESSIVENESS!

A seasonal offering from Zoeycakes ('little cakes. big taste'): take one Cadbury's creme egg and bake inside a chocolate cupcake, top off with vanilla butter-cream and a Cadbury's mini-egg...

Creme Egg Cupcake

Serve, eat and...

Inside of Creme Egg Cupcake

...prepare to be very ill!

Incidentally, as in the photo above, why does a cupcake (or a muffin) always look so much less attractive when its paper case has been peeled off? Rather like a stripper that doesn't quite have the body imagination had led one to expect...

You can find more photos of heart attacks on Zoeycakes flickr photostream and on their www.zoeycakes.com.

8 comments:

SharonM said...

Yuck!

Now if it had been sticky toffee pudding (yes, I know what some people call it) shaped like an egg, topped with vanilla ice cream or custard, I would have found it very hard to resist.

Brian Sibley said...

Sorry, Sharon, just describe that again... :)

Sheila said...

Please - tell us that you didn't actually eat it!

Brian Sibley said...

Surprisingly, Sheila, I didn't! :)

Actually (even more surprisingly) I am one of the few people on the planet who doesn't like Cadbury's creme eggs because they are just too sweet. Not only that, but and I'm not great with goo...

SharonM said...

Okay - egg-shaped stiffy cockee pudding, topped with vanilla ice-cream or custard.

As for cream eggs - I'm with you, Brian - they are far too sickly for me (mind you, that doesn't necessarily mean that I won't eat one if it happens to be available).

Phil said...

This must be the sweet equivalent of the gala pie (which I gather is the official name for those bizarre pork pies that have an egg in the middle).

I'm not sure which is less appealing!

Brian Sibley said...

You're right, Phil; my friend Soph said it was the cupcake equivalent of the Scotch egg!

Brian Sibley said...

Good Dog posted (and I inadvertently deleted) the following comment...

"Yikes! That looks like something from a sweet-toothed version of Alien. In space no one can hear your arteries hardening!"