Sunday 15 June 2014

REMEMBERING DAD...

Father's Day!

It's odd how Father's Day and Mother's Day (even after many years) can be touched with a sense of sadness when it is no longer possible to express love and gratitude to one's parents – except, of course, in memory...

And here's a memory I came across in a bag of old greetings cards I was going through prior to recycling: a home-made Father's Day card which the young Sibley made for his Dad, some time in the early 1960s...



It's disappointing to think just how close I nearly came to rivaling the success of Hallmark Cards...

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

3 comments:

Servetus said...

My deepest sympathies -- I feel something very similar with regard to my mother, whom we lost this year. I assume someday these occasions won't feel as sad.

Brian Sibley said...

Thank you, but it is not as recent as the posting may have suggested... My point was that – however many years have elapsed (and in my case it's a good few) – such events as Father's and Mother's Days (along with birthdays, Christmas etc) bring back memories and,inevitably, regrets...

Servetus said...

I often wonder why that's so -- that memories and regrets are so fully bound together. I could wish for a different relationship between them!